All students who meet the following criteria are eligible for admission and may enroll in a CTE program on any day that school is in session at Downey Adult School – Career & Education Center (DAS). Certain CTE programs may have additional requirements such as “PREREQUISITES” in order to enroll. Please refer to DAS’s Schedule of Classes for specific information regarding your desired CTE program. All students must meet the following criteria of the general Admission Policy listed below:
- Adults - 18 years of age or older
- Must be a High School graduate or have completed a program equivalent to its standards (GED or Hi-SET). Student must provide proof of completion, such as the High School or GED Diploma or official transcripts. If the High School Diploma is obtained outside of the United States, it must be evaluated by an organization registered with the U.S. Department of Education (LINCS).
- Complete DAS’s CTE programs Steps of Enrollment
- Attend CTE Program Orientation - check Schedule of classes or www.das.edu for dates and times.
- It is imperative to attend a CTE Orientation to receive the most up-to-date information regarding pre-requisites, curriculum and program details.
- Provide proof of HSD or GED equivalency
- Provide Registration Down Payment
Enrollment is on a “First Come, First Served” basis and is limited in some classes, due to facility space; and/or in some instances, a program’s licensure/accrediting agency will require a certain instructor-to-student ratio.