The Dental Assistant Program will prepare students in acquiring entry-level employment as a Clinical Dental Assistant or a Dental Biller/ Front Office Coordinator. Students will learn the basic skills needed to satisfy requirements in starting a career in Dental Assisting. Students will learn hands-on techniques, as it relates to chairside dental assisting and current dental practice aligned with Dental Board of California Dental Practice Act. Furthermore, students will acquire career preparation skills throughout the span of the course. In addition to classroom and laboratory instruction, students are required to complete 200 hours of clinical externship with a school-approved dental site. After completion of all the Dental Board of California RDA state requirements including work experience, you may qualify to take the state examination.
- 8-hour Infection Control Certification
- California Dental Practice Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Dental Radiation Safety Certification
- Coronal Polishing Certification
- Dental Billing & Coding
- Administrative Dental Assistant – Front Office skills
- 22 Weeks
- Must be a Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Assistant
- Start Date: September 10th ; 9am – 1pm
- Only Fridays! Only 21 weeks!
- Financial Aid is not available
Day Classes Available
This course is considered as nine (9) months out of the fifteen (15) months required work experience to qualify for the Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) state examination. Students who have completed at least six (6) months of work experience after graduating from the program will be eligible to apply.
Dental Board of California - https://www.dbc.ca.gov/
Cost for program: $6,999
The above cost does not include books, uniforms and additional requirements of the program. Students are required to attend an orientation prior to enrollment.