The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Program prepares students to successfully attain training and qualifications to become an EMT. The emergency medical technician program is approved by Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Services Agency (EMS) and the National Registry of Emergency Technicians. It is a 14-week program which offers theory and practical hands on training. Upon completion of the program you will be eligible to take the national examination with the National Registry of Emergency Technicians (NREMT) exam.
- Are you a quick thinker and problem solver?
- Do you like emergency situations?
- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Are you “hands on”?
This career may be for you!
- EMS Operations
- Medical Emergencies
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Cardiology and Resuscitation
- Airway, Respiration and Ventilation
- Hands on Skills training
- Theory and Skills Training 170 hours and 24 hours of externship.
- Total Hours 194
Evening Part-time Classes Available.
Cost for program: $1,199
Possible Job Opportunities
- Ambulance Company
- Emergency Room
- Amusement Park
- Construction Sites
- Movie Studio Sites
- Concerts and Events
- High School/GED Diploma or equivalent
- Vaccination Records - Must include Hep B, MMR, and Varicella
- Current TB test (within the last year) or chest x-ray (within the last two years)
- Student Health Record (physical form given at orientation, must be signed by physician)
- Live Scan (background check form given at orientation)
- Must attend an orientation prior to registration