Students requesting a Leave of Absence (LOA) are required to comply with Downey Adult School – Career & Education Center’s Leave of Absence policy. The policy, and related forms, may be electronically accessed at
LOA Form to be filed at least 10 days prior to requested leave.
1. Students must apply in advance for a LOA unless unforeseen circumstances prevent the student from doing so.
2. Any student, including a student receiving Title IV financial aid, shall be considered for a Leave of Absence only under the following conditions:
- Students may request a Leave of Absence if they are expected to be out
from class for FOUR days or more and are under the care of a medical professional.
- Students may request a Leave of Absence that lasts no more than 30 school days.
- In the event a medical leave needs to be extended beyond the original approved leave, the total of the first and second LOA’s may not exceed 180 days.
- An additional petition for a Leave of Absence and medical verification will be required for a subsequent leave