A Patient Care Assistant provides basic medical and personal care to patients in a clinical setting and home setting. Essential duties and responsibilities often include the following:
- Taking and recording of vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, etc)
- Directs patient in ways to live independently
- Assists with eating (including purchase, preparation and serving)
- Home maintenance (including cleaning, laundry and buying supplies)
- Assists with bathing, grooming, and moving around
- Provides medication reminders and assistance with medications
- Assists with errands and appointments
- Communicates the patient’s needs to nurses and doctors as appropriate
- Aids the patient in the use of any medical devise and equipment required for their specific condition
High School Diploma or equivalent Required. Background check required. Forms provided. Please do not do on your own.
Please register online to reserve your spot.
Room: TBD Time: 4:00pm – 5:30pm
April 8 May 13
June 10 July 8
Session 1 (100 hours)
April 20 - July 15 (13 weeks)
Time: 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Room #: M-102
Leonor Gonzalez, CPT1 has over 20 years experience in the medical field specializing in rheumatology and clinical research. She received her BS from Everest University and received her teaching credential in Health Sciences & Medical Technology from LACOE in 2009. She has taught medical assisting, insurance and billing, electronic health records, medical terminology, business administration and is a BLS instructor for the American Heart Association. She is a Certified & Licensed Phlebotomy Technician.