Earn a Career Technical Education Certificate!
Earn a Career Technical Education (CTE) Certificate by taking a prescribed number of professional courses directed to specific careers. The CTE Certificate is designed to verify to business and industry that you have the skills required for entry-level positions. Downey Career and Education Center Programs are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Council on Occupational Education (COE). Teachers are credentialed by the California Teaching Commission (CTC).
How to enroll in Career and Technical Education Programs
Prior to registration, all students must attend a program specific orientation. See the program of interest for orientation details.
- Students to attend a mandatory orientation.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enroll in the program.
- Meet U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizenship requirements.
- Student must possess a high school diploma or state issued high school equivalency certificate from a regional accredited institution.
Examples are: GED, HiSET, TASC. (Foreign high school diploma must be notarized, translated and is the responsibility of the student.)
Apply early to secure your financial aid and enrollment! Planning for registration:
- Apply online by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Allow a minimum of 3 days for the eSAR.
- The following items and printouts will be needed to schedule an appointment once a student’s FAFSA is processed:
- Attended mandatory program-specific orientation
- Pay down payment with enrollment form.
Downey Career and Education Center CTE Programs
- Court Reporting
- Dental Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
- Vocational Nurse
- Orthodontic Assistant